Korean Gochujang BBQ Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lbs. 90-10 Ground Beef
- 1 lb. Ground pork
- 1/2 cup Plain bread crumbs
- 1 ea. egg
- 1 tbs. garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. Ginger chopped
- 1 tbs. Gochujang Paste (Korean red chili paste)
- 1/2 bunch Green onion chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch Green Onion (garnish)
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro chopped (garnish)
- 2 tbs. Sesame seeds (garnish)
- 4 tbs. Gochujang Paste (Korean red chili paste)
- 2 tbs. Honey
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 6 tbs. Soy sauce
- 1 tbs. Garlic pureed
- 1 tbs. Ginger pureed
- 1 ea. Lime juiced and zest
- 2 tbs. Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbs. Sesame oil
- 2 tbs. cilantro
- Mix all ingredients for meat ball together well. Scoop out approximately 2 ounce balls and place all on foiled sheet pan.
- Roast meatballs at 450 deg. till inside reaches 150 deg.
- Mix all ingredients for the BBQ sauce together in a sauce pan. Once simmering turn down to med heat and stir for 8-12 min till it reduces by a quarter.
- Pull out the meatballs and drain off excess liquids.
- Add the hot meatballs and BBQ sauce in a mixing bowl and coat well.
- Scoop meatballs back on sheet pan and reserve extra BBQ Sauce
- Place back in the oven and cook for 10-12 more minutes till browned and crispy outer crust.
- Take out of the oven and place on your favorite platter or dish to serve. Ladle remaining BBQ sauce on top.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, chopped cilantro and sesame seeds ENJOY!
Share this Recipe