Brightly sweet kiwi provides a vibrant counterpoint to the salty pancetta, spicy jalapeno, and rich, buttery avocado in this uniquely tasty dish. A drizzle of balsamic glaze provides the perfect finishing touch. Most of the avocado sold in supermarkets is still in its unripened stage. To ripen, place avocados in a paper bag and set aside at room temperature for 2-4 days. When the fruit is soft to the touch, it is ready for use.
- 4 ripe Avocados (seed and skin removed)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (deseeded, small dice)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (rough-chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 Kiwis (small dice)
- 1 red bell pepper (small dice)
- 1/2 lbs. Block Pancetta (small dice)
- 1/2 oz chives (small dice)
- Balsamic Glaze
- 8 pieces Naan Bread
- Chop up all of the necessary ingredients.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients and half of the chopped chives together in a mixing bowl, looking for a chunky guacamole consistency (other half of chives are for garnish in the last step).
- Cook the pancetta in a pan on med-high heat until crispy, drain fat and set aside to cool.
- Grill Naan bread until toasted and firm, let cool and cut into small triangles.
- Now layer the ingredients.
- Take the naan and spread guacamole mixture on each peace.
- Top with a spoonful of the diced kiwi on each piece.
- Sprinkle the crispy pancetta and diced red bell pepper on each piece as well.
- Take the balsamic glaze and drizzle a little over each piece.
- Finally, garnish with the remaining chopped chives.
Share this Recipe