Firecracker NY Strip Brushetta, Chipotle Mayo, Roasted Corn Salsa
- 20 slices French bread loaf about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 ea. 10 ounce NY strip steaks
- 2 tbs. Cajun blacken seasoning
- 2 tbs. Chipotle in adobo sauce (can)
- 3/4 cup Mayonaise
- 4 ea. Corn on Cob
- 1/2 ea. Red onion diced
- 1 ea. Vine ripe tomato diced
- 1 ea. Jalapeño diced (keep seeds in for extra spice)
- 4 tbs. Cilantro chopped
- 3 ea. Limes Juiced
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinate the NY Strips with blacken seasoning for a couple hours.
- Heat grill, rub down corn with olive oil, salt and pepper. Char-grill corn, cool and cut off cob.
- Arrange French bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Place under broiler for 1-2 min each side. Set aside to cool.
- Mix corn, red onion, tomato, Jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper together to make salsa. Set in refrigerator. This can be made ahead of time, up to a day.
- Mix chipotle and mayo together and refrigerate. This can be down ahead of time.
- Grill NY Strips at high heat till you achieved doneness of choice. (Med Rare = Chef’s Choice) Let rest for at least 20 min before slicing. Slice into thin strips.
- To assemble spread chipotle mayo on toasted bread, lay a strip of steak and top with corn salsa. Finish off with a leaf of cilantro. ENJOY!
Share this Recipe