Candy Cane Carrots
- 1.5 pounds carrots cut on a bias
- 3 oz dried cherries
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 red onion julienned
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cane syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 4 tablespoons ground candy cane (reserve ½ tbsp for garnish)
- 3 oz arugula
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine candy cane, molasses, cane syrup, rice vinegar, Sriracha and orange marmalade in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a high-temp saute' pan and reduce for one minute.
- Add carrots, red onions and cherries to the saute' pan. Toss well.
- Place the entire mixture into a baking pan.
- Roast and glaze for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with baby arugula.
- Garnish with a light dusting of ground candy cane.
- Serve and enjoy!
Share this Recipe